I know that just like me, everyone is feeling the financial burden. As a result we are constantly on the lookout on how we can save money. Even small changes on how we do things around the home can save thousands of dollars over a twelve month period. I have collected a few tips from my friends and family on how they save money at home. Here are a few of their suggestions:
- Buy bulk cleaning solution and dilute it. – You can purchase large refill bottles of cleaning solution for the kitchen and bathroom. By putting some solution in a separate spray bottle and diluting it according to the instructions on the back of the refill bottle, you can save some money on your household cleaners.
- Discover the wonders of baking soda and vinegar. – Cleaning and deodorizing toilets, cleaning windows, removing juice stains from counters, and cleaning some metals are just a few of the ways that you can use baking soda and vinegar around the house to clean.
- Make your own liquid hand soap. – By melting those small pieces of hand soap that are too small to use anymore in the microwave with some water, you can create your own hand soap to use at the kitchen and bathroom sinks.
- Air Fresheners – Make your own air fresheners by drying out orange peels, or putting out a small dish of vanilla. This can save a lot of money on plug-ins and sprays.
- Grow your own vegetables. This will reduce the number of things you have to buy in the market.
How do you save money at home? Let me hear from you!
Tags: budget, consumer, increase, prices
The opinions on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of The Gleaner.
The Gleaner reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.
To respond to The Gleaner please use the feedback form